Sunday, June 12, 2011

ROW 80 Check-In

I'm baaaack. I had a LOVELY vacation recently. Lots of sun, water, sand, and some seriously needed R&R with DH. So much for the pasty goth skin for this month. No worries--it takes serious effort to keep a tan on me. I come from a very long line of pasty mushroom-skinned Europeans. In the winter, if I was any paler, I'd be translucent.

I am definitely behind on my goal of 500 words/day. This is also due to a couple of nasty migraines again this week. The last one nearly put me in the hospital. I sympathize will all fellow sufferers. It's pain with a capital 'P' and the most misery you can imagine.  I'm only up to about 15.5 k on Eaters: Destination. I will finish it this summer, but I'd rather take my time and make it the best I can, instead of just cranking it out to get it out quicker. Since a good chunk of this story is set in Arizona, I'll also need to do some research to get my geography and climate right. So, I guess my goal is still 500 words/day...but I know I'll be sporadic about it. Some nights I'll do 1,000 and some, none at all (depending on my busy schedule and migraine attacks). Ever wonder what it would feel like to have a zombie eating your brain? I think I know...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got some R & R. I know it was much needed.

    I get the migraine thing. There have been a couple of times when I've had migraines in the middle of the night and my husband was at work. I lay there debating on whether I should wake up my mom and get her to take me to the emergency room. But I never did. Luckily, my migraines are fewer and less severe than they used to be. And ibuprofen actually helps now, and it didn't used to. I've read that the older you get, the more the migraine decrease in frequency and severity. So maybe that's something to look forward to. By the time my father in law was in his 60's, he almost never had them.

    ReplyDelete