Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello 2012!

Greetings, cyber darklings and happy new year! I haven't blogged in a while. Life is busy, and I haven't had much to say. I'm still waiting to have news to post about when Eaters will be released as a complete novel (It will include the first two previously published novellas, Eaters: The Beginning and Eaters: Dark Journey, as well as Eaters: Destination). In addition to a paperback and e-book version, there is a chance that it will also be an audio book. Fingers crossed! I'll post any news from Permuted Press here as soon as I know it.

Meanwhile, if you're looking for some good reading material for your Kindle, you might like Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher, my new writer friend. Maybe the only thing scarier than a zombie apocalypse would be an apocalypse created by man's genetic tinkering with our food supply! I'm just a little ways into this book, and it's already giving me nightmares thinking about where the story is going.

Also...if you like scary stories...I mean REAL scary stories...check out The Natural News. I must admit I'm hooked on this site. Although, I hope that many of their stories fall into the conspiracy theory category, I'm afraid that a lot of them don't. Heads up people! It's better to be forewarned than to be a sheeple and not see things coming. See their predictions for 2012-2015 in addition to many positive articles that will help improve your health.

3 comments:

  1. Well, welcome back to the online world, Michelle! :) I hope you hear something soon. I know you've been waiting patiently to find out the publishing date.

    Hmmm, Eden's Root sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! Me too. Getting anxious and fielding way to many inquiries about it :0
    Rachel asked me if I knew any other good indie authors and I recommended your books to her. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the shout out, that was awesome of you. :) I cannot wait for your book to come out because I am ready for some creepy, eaty, fun. (Apologies, but sometimes a made up word is my fave)

    It was cool to see the post from Lauralynn as well. Since you inspired me and she inspired you. I was traveling on business yesterday and a fifth grade girl was in my row and talked my ear off. She was fantastic. She loves to write and says she has been writing 'her whole life'. I had just seen in the Kindle Forums that an eleven year old with the username Peace had self-published a book for kids his age with his parents' help. When I showed her that her eyes grew to be like saucers and she wrote the boy's title down in her notebook with a crayon. As she scribbled, her tongue poked out the corner of her mouth and I could feel her energy. The idea that someone could be a writer, even if they are a child, was energizing for her. When we parted I told her good luck with her writing. Instead of feeling like her ambition at such a young age devalued my own, I felt inspired by her. This trip I really pounded out a lot of the sequel to Eden's Root (it is part of a trilogy). Like you said, I am setting worry aside and just WRITING!

    ReplyDelete