Wednesday, March 28, 2012

7 Lines from the 7th Page Meme

Thanks for the tag from Lauralynn Elliott on the 7/7/7 author game.

Here are the rules:
1. Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are – no cheating
4. Tag 7 other authors

This is my excerpt from Vampire Music:

As he stared at me, his pupils widened into big cave-like circles, ringed with a sparkle of red and bronze. I wanted to crawl in them and find out what secrets he had hidden inside. Somehow, I knew there were many.

I thought I should turn the conversation back to him, so I wouldn’t dwell on the possibility that his question meant that I looked fat and needed to be on a diet. Before I could think of a subject to talk about, he stole one of my carrots and replaced it with a cookie and asked, “Why are you being so nice to me?”

I'm tagging Rachel Fisher next.

2 comments: