Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh Cruel Winter!

Oh cruel winter, you're dangerously bold. The ground hog did not see his shadow, so let the cold release it's hold! It was minus 8 when I made my way into work yesterday. Our family has been knocked down by a virus going around, so I've literally feeling like some half dead bird that one of the cats dragged in. (Warning to all birds: Do not build your nests in our yard this spring. Have you not been warned?!?!?)  I've been averaging 500+ a night for word count on Eaters: Dark Journey, but last night I cried 'uncle' and turned in around 9pm, completely forgetting that it was Wednesday and time for the ROW80 check-in. As a Valentine's special, I've put The Gardener on sale for .99 cents for the month of February. If you haven't read it yet, check it out. This story ranked as a finalist in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer's Colorado Gold Competition, and that was from an excerpt from an earlier version; it has been much revised and improved since then. Since it is a long novel, 114K, I'm going to make a print version available soon. Eaters: The Beginning, also available for .99 cents, has been selling well. Thank you, zombie fans!

2 comments: